Alien (adjective): Alien is belonging to a foreign nation.
(Page 31, "The reason why I do not know anything about myself, the reason why Siddhartha has remained alien and unknown to myself is due to one thing-I was afraid of myself, I was fleeing from myself.")
(Page 31, "The reason why I do not know anything about myself, the reason why Siddhartha has remained alien and unknown to myself is due to one thing-I was afraid of myself, I was fleeing from myself.")
Ostracize (Verb): To ostracize is to exclude someone from a society or a group.
(Page 37, "...condemned to be disregarded and ostracized from the thoughts, because it was not reality.")
Atman (Noun): Atman is a word used in Hinduism, which means the spiritual life principle of the universe, especially when regarded as inherent in the real self of the individual.
(Page 31, "I was seeking Brahman, Atman, I wished to destroy myself, to get away from myself, in order to find in the unknown innermost, the nucleus of all things.")
Mutilate (Verb): To mutilate is to inflict a violent and disfiguring injury.
(Page 32, "I will no longer mutilate and destroy myself in order to find a secret behind the ruins.")
Enthrall (verb): Enthrall is to capture the fascinated attention.
(Page 37, "Siddhartha learned something new on every step of his path, for the world was transformed and he was enthralled.")
Erudition (Noun): Erudition is the quality of having or showing great knowledge.
(Page 39, "No, this world of thought was still on this side, and it led to no goal when one destroyed the sense of the incidental Self but fed it with thoughts and erudition.")
_1.jpg)




.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment